I am fully aware that a language that does not grow, eventually dies–think Latin here. But still!
Here’s a list of words that make me bonkers (please forgive if any of these words are in YOUR wheelhouse!):
- Trending. What ever happened to “trendy?” Trending is a verb. Trendy is an adjective. Why the change? Was the “y” somehow offensive?
- Wheelhouse. WTF? I’m going to leave it at that.
- Ginormous. Kill me. Kill me now. I hate this word so much I would vomit on it were it a tangible thing.
- Amazeballs. Makes me immediately think of a guy with ginormous balls. Oops! J/K.
- Chillax. If anyone ever told me to chillax I’d hit them in the face with a hammer.
- Stacation. Is it really so hard to say, “I’m staying home and relaxing?” Why not, “houscation?” or “homcation?” or “cheapcation?”
- Woot. Probably not as bad as I think it is but this wretchedly stupid bitch where I used to work would use it all the time to try and distract us from her massive failures at her job. It did not work.
- Anyhoo/anywho. I know, a lot of you probably use this word, but it makes my brain itch.
- Butthurt. Ummmm…man, do I have LOTS of things to say about this one. The image that immediately pops into my mind is, well, probably too horrible to articulate here, though I’m DYING to do so.
I’m quite certain I use words that sometimes make people want to duct tape my face, but I’m okay with being annoying. I just hate it when other people are. Again, soooo kidding! I’m feisty this morning!
In parting, may I just say that using ginormous words while describing what’s trending is so in my amazeballs wheelhouse that if you are reading this on your stacation and get butthurt while doing so, all I have to say is chillax. Anyhoo…
And I think I may have just turned into the Mayor of NY since apparently we both like banning words–though I think mine make a hell of a lot more sense. Oh, I almost forgot, woot woot!