“Absence makes the heart grow fonder.” Poop on that! Yes, when my hubby is out of town, I am very fond of him. But I am more so when he is IN town! He travels for work and I miss him so much when he’s gone. But I have a strategy for those of you who have to be away from your sweetiepie. This is what I do to keep in contact and make sure he knows he’s loved:
- Send care packages to where he’s staying. I ship them off a day or two before he leaves so he gets them his first or second day on the road.
- In the care packages I include:
- Tons of candy, nuts, powerbars
- Love cards that are numbered so that he opens one a day while he’s gone
- Sometimes, a pic of us, to remind him of what’s waiting at home for him
- Send him random sweet texts throughout the day
- Send him cute emails
- Text him pics of the critters and pretend they are wailing in agony cause they miss daddy so much
While that may sound silly and honeymoonish, it really helps connect us when he’s gone for long periods of time. Something you can do even if your sweetie doesn’t travel is send them stuff through the mail to his/her office. I sometimes send chocolate dipped strawberries he can share with everyone (or bring home so I can gobble them all up!) I’ve even sent him flowers. Just a little something to say, “I love you Muffinator!” Yes, that is one of my many nicknames for him. We are King and Queen Doofus.
Luckily, my honey is coming home in a couple days so I won’t have to whine anymore about him being gone.