I am exactly 2 minutes into the show Take Me Out (which I set to record thinking it was a summer drama/comedy show) and I wanna find the bluntest object in my house and beat myself to death with it.
They are 3 girls deep in the “introduction to the viewers” round and this is what we’ve seen so far:
- A pretty woman, who is clearly smart, who was put on the spot to demonstrate American Sign Language. She did so by asking George Lopez out on a date which he then turned into them banging after the date was over.
- A vaguely attractive blonde who wants a man to be like a sports car, “Beauty and class on the outside. High performance on the inside.” Yeah, because that’s how we women typically describe our “dream guy.”
- A chick who is like a pointillism painting: great from a distance and nonsensical up close. She shared with us her kitty cat names, using a voice that could only have been manufactured in a whore house. “Tiddlywinks, Stormy Clouds and Baby Meow Meow Meow Meow.” Make sure you get all four “meows” in there! Keep in mind that her facial expressions and tone of voice matched each kitty’s moniker , so Stormy Clouds garnered us a pout as she told us its name.
While I believe that the world is made up of all kind of people, and I’m glad of that, turning 30 women into drooling, shameless hussies to make them more attractive to men kinda makes me wanna vomit. (Though if this is truly how these women behave even off the TV screen then I’m just a total bitch and please forgive this post.)
Here are the kind of people I like:
- Smart people
- Stupid people
- Pretty people
- Not-so-pretty people
- Straight people
- Gay people
- Bisexual people
- Transgender people
- All colors of the rainbow
- All religions under the sun
I pretty much freaking like everyone (unless an individual person gives me a specific reason not to.) I don’t typically judge a book by its cover. I don’t expect people to be like me or believe the same things I do. How boring would that be? But, I do get horrified when we turn back the clock to the 1800s and encourage women to behave like they are cows on a stage being sold to the highest bidder.
If the litmus test for getting a man is, “How stupid, slutty and trashy can I appear?” then let all women remain single forever. It’s not that I don’t like stupid, slutty, trashy chicks. They have just as much of a right to be happy as anyone else. Who am I to judge? I’m sure I’ve been a stupid, slutty, trashy chick at some point in my life. But when a whole heard of women are “encouraged” to appear that way so that a panel of men will like them more, well…I want to drive to the TV studio and blow it up.
A real and secure man likes a woman who likes herself. A real and secure man is challenged and turned on by a smart woman. A real and secure man doesn’t need a woman to act stupid and needy and slutty to feel better about himself and like more of a man.
Ugh! Sorry for the rant. I just hate seeing women reduced to the lowest common denominator in order to appear desirable to men. I believe that women are beautiful, strong, wonderful, unique, loving creatures and should always just be who they are. If a guy likes you–GREAT! If he doesn’t then he’s not the right guy for you.
Ladies, stand tall and be who you are! Don’t let external pressure or the myth of the Barbie Doll distract you from the amazing person that you see in the mirror.