Alas, that’s sometimes what it feels like has happened to common courtesy. And I’m here to Just Say No to Impolite People!
I do realize that I’m sometimes polite to the point of making people vomit, but I’d rather be too polite than not polite enough.
Here’s when I think courtesy is a lovely thing:
- When someone holds a door for you instead of slamming it on your face
- When someone says something nice to you instead of saying, “My, don’t you look ugly today.”
- When someone makes an effort do something nice for you when they don’t have to or don’t want to (like helping you move or going to the bathroom with you)
- When a waitress/waiter refills your drink or brings you food (sans spit)
- When your honey says or does anything sweet (positive reinforcement will keep him/her doing nice things!)
- When someone lets you pull in front of them while driving without trying to bumper car you into a telephone pole
- When your gynecologist/prostate exam giver makes it short and sweet
- When people bag your food at the grocery store; yes, even though it’s their job
- When someone gives you a present, even if you hate it more than brain cancer
- When your significant other gives you REALLY great sex!
I’m sure there are more examples of when to be considerate and polite, but my #10 has me distracted now and I can’t think of anything but great sex.
On that note, I’m going to go call the hubby. 🙂
Image procured at: http://www.cherrybam.com/thank-you-comments.php